I really suck at finishing things. I started knitting socks around when we moved back to America in 2010 and I still haven’t finished the first one. I have all but officially quit college. I have so many sewing projects waiting in the wings, its not even funny. So I thought I would come up with 13 things, that are sort of a big deal, or at least a big task, and finish them before the end of the year.
1. Go to a National Park– Dude. I am in Montana, I have Glacier & Yellowstone in driving distance. Yellowstone is like 4 hours from me. How I have I not been there since I was 10ish? I need to correct that for reals this year.
2. Make my own diapers– I have the stuff for it, but I have a severe case of the lazy
3. Finish knitting moms socks– Seriously severe case of the lazy on this one. And hatred for the pattern, it makes me want to stab someone. This is why I never finished my first socks (see a picture here).
4. Take weekly pictures of Evelyn’s first year– Already well on my way for this one, I think I can do it.
5. Blog more than 2012– I wrote about 100 more blogs in 2011 than 2012, my goal is to at least blog almost as much as 2011.
6. Teach each dog a trick– We had dog school in 2012, dogs learned some mannars, now it’s time for them to learn something fun, Renji I think wants to learn to roll over. Aiko, maybe we’ll perfect her “dance”
7. Get rid of one credit card– This is more of a necessity. Since moving back to the states in 2010 our credit card debt has gotten out of hand (for us at least) and one of our two credit cards needs to go away.
8. Run a 5K– Great way to work on my fitness. I am super driven to get back into shape. Well I say back into, even though pre-preg I wasn’t in good shape either.
9. Be Domestic– Since I am a housewife for the foreseeable future, I need to work on being a housewife that doesn’t have a messy house and irate husband.
10. Get rid of TV again– Not the TV, but just the part we pay for. We need to cancel our DirecTV. We don’t watch much, and there is never anything on. We lived 2 years without TV in Japan, we can do it again.
11. Travel– We are in the states and we should take advantage of this. We need to go visit family out East.
12. Sew Evey’s bed set– Again, I have the materials for this, I’m just lazy
13. STOP BEING LAZY– Okay this one may not be measurable therefor not a good goal, goals should be something you can know when accomplished. Figuring out wether or not I have been lazy at the end of the year will be impossible. But it’s something I can keep in my mind when I buy craft supplies, or when I make a mess in the kitchen. “Don’t be lazy and finish crafting/cleaning/icing your cookies”