Where to next?

Well our time in Helena has been unexpectedly cut short. We are likely headed on a new adventure in the very near future. There have been rumors of someone being moved for the last few months. There are only a few recruiters here in Montana, so only a few guys to play musical chairs with. Paul was just promoted this month so it looks like he is the lucky guy. We won’t be moving far. And we’ll still be technically on Recruiting Duty. But Paul is being relocated to Butte, MT to be the MEPS guy. We’ll finish out our last year on Recruiting Duty there. It’s only about an hour away so we don’t have to move far.

Welcome to Butte!

But the thing is the timeline they are running on is really bad for us. Sometime in Oct Paul will go to school for a week to learn to do this new job. Then he’ll train with the current MEPS guy for about a month or two, and they want us down there in December.
Umm…. I’m going to have a baby in December….
Also it’s going to be the dead of winter. And Butte is colder than Helena…
Yep, No one seems to care.
We want this, the job. It comes with better hours and most weekends off which will be great with me being a new first time mom. It’ll give us a chance to experience more of Montana, Maybe we will like Butte more than Helena. But the timing really sucks. This is not how I expected our exit from Helena to be.  I didn’t think that we would be moving from this house so soon. As much as I hate it here, I imagined when I left I would be saying goodbye to Montana, and Recruiting Duty, not just this house. And I have found myself being very nostalgic about Helena since we got news that we would likely be leaving. I don’t like it here, but there are things that I will miss.
I know this is a good thing but there is so much in my head right now it just hurts to think about it.
My biggest concern being the birth of baby E.
We are being given some degree of say in the timing of the move, Paul is being allowed to commute until official orders come through, which, we are told will be in December. So we have time to find a house. If we find a house sooner rather than later we have been told orders will be pushed through early so we can break our lease here and move. Paul will be in school sometime in Oct, so I am thinking our best bet for move in will be Nov. So we have about a month to find a house. That is if we want to move before I give birth. Or we could stay here and try to move in January with a newborn. I think really it’ll come down to when we find a house that suits our needs. Our biggest problem finding a home in Helena was Taco. No one wants cats. Its funny because the dogs are way more destructive than the cat, but whatever.
The next obstacle, if we do move before baby E is born, do I try to give birth up here in Helena? It’s only an hour away. Or do I just change all my OB stuff down to Butte? and have a new doctor and hospital for the last month of pregnancy? I do like my doctor, and the hospital.
If we do come up to Helena, what do we do with the dogs?

Part of me wants to just wait, and move after the first of the year, and part of me wants to just get down there and get the move over with.
I am so torn, I woke up last night at about 5 am and just couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen next.
If I weren’t pregnant this wouldn’t even be an issue, we’d just hit the road.
But I have this other person to think about now.

– Alana

About alanamarie26

Marine Wife, Mom, Student. Trying to keep a household running while going to school full time.
This entry was posted in Butte, Helena, Marines, Military, Montana, moving, Recruiting Duty. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Where to next?

  1. I think that the best thing to do is relax and not stress about it. Everything will work out perfectly!

  2. Kara says:

    I sold my house and moved the month before I had Little Missy. It was a pain, but I was so happy to be rid of the house. Hubby found tons of guys to help and they moved my whole house and set up my furniture for me. I got everything settled and her room ready in more than enough time for her arrival. I would get it done before the baby gets here, but that's just me. I agree that you don't need to be stressed about it. You'll figure it out!

  3. Mrs. K says:

    Ugh what a hassle. When I was pregnant with K, we moved right before he was born and I had to switch drs., states, etc. Now, we're moving shortly after A is born so I suppose I'll see the best of both worlds. I'd prefer to have a place to nest those last few weeks, though. Good luck with your decisions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s